EHR Data Migration consists of three important elements. A Data archive is all the historical data that is easily accessible from your new EHR. Electronic Data Conversion involves getting discrete data like labs, radiology, procedures, vitals, problems, allergies, medications and immunizations into your new EHR. During the data conversion process, items like problems and medications need to be validated before being committed to the new EHR. Items like past histories often need to be manually abstracted and are beneficial to be ready in the patients’ chart. ReMedi specializes in this often-overlooked process called Chart Abstraction or Chart Prep.
ReMedi’s success with chart abstraction relies heavily on our clinically experienced team. We utilize a talented group of MDs, RNs, and Abstractors with in-depth clinical knowledge that enables the procurement of the optimal information needed by clinicians at the point of care. During this process, our team parses out incorrect or duplicative data and addresses the inaccuracies as needed.
Schedule a call with our Clinical Data team
At ReMedi, we believe healthcare data is the responsibility of clinical IT experts. We created an approach to health data that improves the quality of data for our healthcare partners as well as clinician satisfaction. We encourage healthcare system leaders to schedule time with our team to view a demonstration of our clinical approach to patient chart abstraction.
Get in touch with our team if you’re interested in:
- Improving patient data & safety
- Reducing clinician burden
- Improving data collection and charting processes
- Increasing patient volumes
- Reducing staffing costs for abstraction time
Return on Investment from Leveraging
an External Data Team.
Potential revenue increase through one additional patient visit per provider per day
- Reconciling PAMIs in a patients’ chart takes about 10 minutes per patient. A typical provider sees about 20 patients per day. This is about 200 minutes required to prep the charts.
- Clinicians experience increased burden of abstraction in addition to stresses of learning a new EHR.
- Cost-effective as ReMedis’ abstractors per hour rate is lower than overtime costs of leveraging own providers or clinicians.
- Increase EHR adoption, reduce burnout and improve patient experience by providing chart preparation assistance.
Chart Abstraction Dashboard
Leadership has a birds-eye view of chart preparation activities across all practice areas
- Comprehensive insights on clinical data and abstraction time is analyzed for resource planning.
- Our clinical staff utilizes the data to ensure accurate charts are prepared ahead of the scheduled patient visits.
Improve Clinician Adoption and Patient Outcomes with the Power of Accurate Data.
Our entire chart abstraction process is led and managed by MDs and RNs, and the chart abstractors have clinical experience. This deep understand of healthcare gives our team the agility to work quickly and accurately, ensuring each chart is prepared ahead of the schedule.
Providers are relieved to know that they are paired with a clinically trained abstractor to prepare their patient data on their behalf, with their style and preferences in mind. This collaboration leads to better quality data, happier clinicians, and better patient outcomes.
Clinicians are already burdened by a new technology, and yet are responsible to abstract patient data on top of learning the new system. Leveraging an external clinical data team, health systems avoid clinician burnout and increase the adoption of the EHR.
Our Concierge Model
- ReMedi chart abstractors are teamed up with your clinicians to better understand what clinical data they need abstracted.
- ReMedi MDs and RNs provide oversight on the entire chart abstraction process.
- The concierge model enables efficient and accurate data committed to chart based on your clinician’s preference and needs.
- Our clinical data team ensures quality assurance by validating patient data with legacy EHR data.
Save clinicians 10-20 minutes per chart while maintaining patient volumes.
Our Approach to Chart Abstraction
After multiple data sources are made available for reconciling the patient chart via CCD file, we ensure unnecessary, duplicate, and inactive data are not committed to new EHR chart. Our clinical abstraction team only inputs valuable data needed during delivery of care so that it is available at each patient visit.
Charting on blank patient records increases time and effort for clinicians and negatively impacts the patient flow at the point of care.
Entering key clinical data elements needed upfront reduces the burden of every patient feeling like a new patient visit.
PAMI: (problem lists, allergies, medications, immunizations), histories, health maintenance, radiology, labs, etc.
Note: Often PAMIs have multiple sources, i.e. Care Everywhere, HIE, Immunization Registries and Surescripts.
Cross referencing with legacy systems, our clinical staff transfers data, validates accuracy, and ensures timeliness.
Our abstractors team up with your clinicians to gather feedback and maintain an ongoing efficient and accurate data migration.